2.8

I would like to thank the Newark Store for RUINING by mother's 83rd birthday celebration! I used the call ahead system and told them that I had a party of 10. (I know that it is not reservation.) I told them that my dad is hard of hearing and had heard that a new seating area is a little more quiet than the rest of the place. My party arrived on time but the table that we requested had already been taken. That I understood, BUT when we were taken to our table (or should I say BOOTHS (PLURAL). I told the waitress that it was a birthday celebration and that we all wanted to sit together WITH THE BIRTHDAY PERSON. I was told that there was only one table that would hold 10 and it was already taken. I asked why I wasn't informed of that fact when I called in. The answer wasn't satisfactory so I asked to speak to the manager. (I didn't get her name, I was to angry.) When I spoke to her and explained the situation she wasn't helpful. She said that the hostess should have told me that all of us couldn't sit together and didn't know why. I asked why it was that they couldn't accomodate larger parties and she said she could, just not all of us together. I asked what kind of business that was and she said "I don't know, I didn't build the store." and wasn't nice about it. Since the entire group was already there, we stayed. (All 10 of us have not been able to get together in two years so all of us were disappointed with the group being separated and half of us with our backs to each other.) The waitress for our table was okay, but we had to ask to get plates to put the rolls on. One member of the group ordered a blooming onion and we asked if they would split it in half so everyone could get some of it. We were told no. My dad ended up doing it. Our booth got their food and was half way done with it before the other booth got theirs.

List of general complaints:

1. No tables.

2. No reservations available (even for larger groups) to accomodate sitting together.

3. Music to loud to allow normal conversations (this is true in every locations I've been in). Even the younger generations in the family has complained about this.

4. No place to accomodate a larger party.

5. Poor manager assistance.

We spent between $125 to $150 (many not seem like a lot to you, but to us it was. I feel like we are due an apology and at least the birthday person and her husband should be refunded their meal for their inconvenience.

Jenny Dominguez

Review about: Texas Roadhouse Manager.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Customer service, Treated rudely by manager.

Comments