3.3
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

Lafayette, La Location: On May 19th my fiance took me to Texas Roadhouse. He has worked there in the past and loved the food and company.

It was my first time. I ordered a medium rare flank steak salad. When the food arrived the meat was EXTREMELY RAW. We are both chefs, so this was a no brainer.

We politely asked them to re fire another steak. It took 18 minutes for the steak to arrive. The manager delivered the steak. He spent less than 5 seconds at the table.

No apology, no nothing. He simply said "you ordered another steak?" All the while the salad was getting mushy and my fiance had finished his meal. No big deal, the waiter said that the manager would handle the bill. When we got the bill, the manager had taken 30% off.

We asked to speak with the manager, Tal. He was rude. He said. You made us cook two steaks so I took 30% off to balance our food cost....

REALLY?

As a restaurant owner myself, I was fairly furious, although I remained calm. Why should we pay for the mistake of the kitchen? We shouldn't. He said "look, now you have two steaks(one uneaten on a separate plate) and a salad." My fiance said you can have the steak and remove the salad from the bill.

He took our box of leftovers angrily THREW it in the trash and sent our waiter with a refunded bill. The waiter was amazing and kind, by the way. The attitude of the manager was gross. Plain and simple.

I WOULD LOVE to speak to corporate or someone about this. Honestly, I have never complained or written a bad review EVER, but this was a bit over the top.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Waiter.